Your Assignment:
1). Find an article or video pertaining to Edward Snowden, NSA and the recent ruling on this issue.
2). Copy and paste the link here, then summarize the article or video.
3). State your thoughts and opinions on the issue, then comment/reply on 2 of your classmates posts!
Due: Sunday no later than 11:59pm
1) http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance
ReplyDelete2) This video is about Edward Snowden being a whistleblower, a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity. He seems like a pretty cool guy and one that knows his job. He is responsible for handing material from one of the world's most secretive organisations, the NSA.
3) I have no idea why he leaked the information the way that he did. He is crazy for thinking it was okay to do what he did.
I agree with you on the crazy part
DeleteHe is seriously a crazy guy. No hero!
DeleteWell, if you think about it, there really was no other way. It would have probably not been taken seriously if it had not come straight from him.
DeleteI'm glad he did it, and i'm glad it wasn't me
DeleteI can't believe this guy risked his life to protect our privacy! I agree that it is pretty crazy! Although I think that he is considered a traitor for his actions I disagree with you. I think what he did was right. I wouldn't want the government spying on me for any reason. If the government suspects me of some crime then they can just search my home or arrest me or something.
DeleteI agree with Alberto without Snowden we may never know what our government was doing.
Delete1.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yB3n9fu-rM
ReplyDelete2.) this video talked about how he didn't want to live where the government does this to their own people.
3.) I agree with Snowden, we shouldn't have to be spied on. This guy is also crazy in doing it.
Let's not forget that this program had been created after 9/11 to help stop terrorism. I'm not defending the NSA's actions, don't get me wrong; I'm just pointing it out.
Delete1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Frr9Eqdx0s
ReplyDelete2. This video talks about who is the criminal Edward or the NSA?
3. I think they are both guilty. We shouldn't be spied on but he shouldn't of done it they way he did. He needs to be a man and face his punishments.
If he did not do what he did then we would not have know that we are being spied on. What he did was right, in a sense, And I do not think that he should be punished for this.
DeleteI also agree that the Gov't and Snowden are both guilty
DeleteI agree, the NSA is totally wrong. He should've done it in a better way.
DeleteI agree that what the NSA did was wrong but I think there was no other way to tell the people what the NSA did.
DeleteI understand why he ran, who would want to face life in prison or death for trying to help the U.S. citizens?
Delete1)http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/12/obamas-panel-a-rebuke-to-the-nsa-vindication-for-edward-snowden/282506/
ReplyDelete2) It talked about how Obama did a panel report of 308 pages about how, To protect privacy, civil liberties, and security, the NSA ought to be reformed.
3) I think that what he did was right. The government has many secrets and they do not like it when they get spilled. He only tried to tell the people what he thought was right. He should not be punished by them for doing it.
i agree with you, what the government did was simply unconstitutional
DeleteAlberto, I could not agree more with you! I believe that what he did was the only/right thing to do.
DeleteI agree that his actions were right.
Deletehttp://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/brazil-uninterested-giving-edward-snowden-asylum-report-article-1.1551478
ReplyDelete2.) The article was how Brazil denied Snowden assylum. Brazil denied him assylum because the US is the second biggest trading partner of Brazil, after china. Even if the official statement was that the brazilian government didn't received a formal assylum request.
3.) I honestly think Edward Snowden did the right thing on making these information public. Even if he broke the law, i think it was right
I don't think breaking the law is ever the right thing. But the NSA does sound like they are hiding to much from us and spying on us is never ok.
DeleteAgreed and I think Russia suits him. His name is 'Snow'den, it works.
Delete1, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yB3n9fu-rM
ReplyDelete2. Snowden doesn't wanna live in a country where the government would do this to their people. So he's leaving.
3. I couldn't agree more, this government is way outa wack. The NSA needs to get their stuff together before more stuff gets leaked.
Way, way, way, WAAAAY outta whack.
DeleteI think the government needs to get it togethere also. Its going to go to far one day.
DeleteI agree with you that the NSA nees to get thier stuff together before more chaos comes.
Deletehttp://www.theguardian.com/world/edward-snowden
ReplyDeleteThis is a compilation of articles on Edward Snowden and the NSA with some other irrelevant topics for this blog. In one article it says that Edward Snowden is offering his help to Brazil with American spying in return for asylum. Another article says that NSA never answered the question if what they were doing was even legal. There are some videos.
3) I think what Edward did was right. The government keeps too much from the public eye. What he did does make him a traitor, however I don't believe he should be punished for what he has done. After all he was only trying to protect us, the people, from having our privacy violated.
I have mixed feelings on what Edward did. On one side i agree with you Taylor because i don't like the thought of people knowing my personal conversations and spying on me, but on the other hand i believe there is a lot more that goes on in this world than what average citizens are privy to and most citizens wouldn't be able to handle the reality of life as it is today.
Delete1. http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/multimedia/timeline-edward-snowden-revelations.html
ReplyDelete2. This website really summarizes Snowden's actions and gives a brief over view of the whole ordeal and what the NSA has been doing.
1.http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/17/edward-snowden-brazil-spying-asylum
ReplyDelete2. Edward Snowden has offered to help Brazil investigate the U.S. spying. In return Brazil will give Snowden political asylum.
3. Snowden does not have anywhere to go he is stuck in Russia and can not come back to the country. If he does come back he might face harsh criminal charges. He needs somewhere to go and that might be Brazil. Maybe Snowden is not that bad of guy he just did what he thought was right. Without him we might have never known what our government was doing.
Here is just a little food for thought, even Hitler thought what he was doing was right.
DeleteI agree with you Kaden when you said that maybe he is a good guy after all but Kyle has a good point also.
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlldfgMuxfY
ReplyDeleteI'm not saying that what Snowden did is right or wrong, because I can see both sides of the argument.
On the one side, what the NSA allegedly did is wrong, a violation of privacy, and goes against the 4th amendment.
On the other side, the program was formed after 9/11, and was essentially meant to be a way for the U.S. to battle terrorism.
I will say, however, that Snowden--in my eyes--is a coward. If he truly believes that what he did was patriotic and believes in his actions, he should at least have the guts to face up to what he did and take the consequences no matter they maybe. Instead, he flees to RUSSIA of all places and hides there like the spineless jelly-fish that he is? Not exactly patriot or hero material.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/16/edward-snowden-ruling-nsa-surveillance
ReplyDeleteIn this article, Snowden said that thee bulk collection of Americans' telephone records are likely a violation to the Constitution. I think Snowden did the right thing by his leaking of NSA secrets. And it is wrong what they are doing to the citizens of the U.S.
i agree that its wrong what they are doing to U.S. citizens.
Deletehttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/17/edward-snowden-brazil-spying-asylum
ReplyDeleteThis mainly talked about how Snowden helped Brazil investigate the U.S. spying on their soil. Snowden leaked information that he shouldnt have. He wants the government to grant political asylum.
I personally think he's insane for doing this.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance
ReplyDeleteIt talked about how Snowden helped Brazil and how he leaked info he shouldn't have. He also talked about how he didnt want to live where a government did this to thier citizens.
I think that he should have known what he was getting into when he leaked info that wasn't his.