Thursday, November 14, 2013

States' Rights (Blog #13)




Your Assignment:

1).  Who would be attracted to the states' rights theory and why?
2).  How would the United States be different today if individual states had the right to nullify federal acts?
3).  Comment on 2 of your classmates posts.

Due: Sunday by no later than 11:59p.m.

43 comments:

  1. 1. The States Legislature.
    2. If they could do away with them the United States would crazy and a horrible place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't answer why the state legislature would be attracted to that, I think because it would give them more power.

      Delete
    2. That's the last thing US needs, more powers. We would go crazy and there would be no structure. I wouldn't want to live here anymore if that was the case.

      Delete
    3. I agree with Paul and Michaela, It would give them more power and it would make the U.S. crazy!

      Delete
    4. I agree. They don't need that much power.

      Delete
    5. I agree. There'd be mass chaos everywhere and we'd end up being like Egypt or other Middle East countries during the Arab Spring. Yes, it's important for states to have power, just not THAT much power. They just need to have equal or near-equal power with the national government.

      Delete
  2. 1.) the state legislature would be attracted to it because it would give them more power.
    2.) The central government had no power anymore and every state would just do what they want to do, the whole U.S. would drive apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it would drive the US apart and it wouldnt be good. But the government isnt doing anything about how Colorado ignored the federal law and made weed legal so aren't people doing it already?

      Delete
    2. I agree with Michaela and you both, Paul. I think US couldn't handle something that like. Mentally or economically. US would dig a hole.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you Paul, the US would just fall apart and it would never be the same again.

      Delete
    4. This grammar is incorrect. I think I know what you are getting at, though. The US would just be a worthless country. It would be like living in a garbage dumb. Except not.

      Delete
    5. don't be mean I'm not a native speaker

      Delete
    6. I agree the states would divide and create their own little countries.

      Delete
    7. I agree that the U.S would fall apart and divide. I'm not sure where it would divide, like who would go where and at what territories.

      Delete
  3. 1. The State Legislature.
    2. If they could get rid of them, people would just do what they want. US would probably go crazy, which is a scary thought. No control

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. People would just destroy what used to be the US.

      Delete
    2. I also agree the US would self destruct

      Delete
    3. I agree it is a very scary thought!

      Delete
  4. 1.) The State Legislature would be attracted to it.
    2,) The U.S. would be terrible. If they were allowed to refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws, the U.S. would be insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Its a scary thought.

      Delete
    2. No one would agree on anything. There would be no point in a government. So yes, the US would be terrible.

      Delete
  5. The state legislature because of the power that it would give them.
    2) It would be completely different. There would be no synch between the two. The central government might have no power at all. We might not as well have a government if that would be the way that it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. the state legislature because then they would get more power from it which what they want
    2. The states would no longer be states. The U.S. would be no longer the U.S. Everywhere you would turn would be anarchy. People would have their own rules. There would be lots of crime, death, and fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also feel that there would be no control if each state were its own central government.

      Delete
  7. 1) The State Legislature
    2) The United States would be completely different. The country would go insane. Anyone could do whatever they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawlessness would reign supreme. And with lawlessness comes anarchy and violence. Not good.

      Delete
  8. 1. The state legislature because more power would go to them and who doesn't want more power?
    2. I think that each state would almost become their own country. It would just be havoc, if one didn't like their state/country, they'd move to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, I think so too that each state would be more an individual country.

      Delete
  9. 1) The state legislature, because they are the ones who make and pass laws and that would give them more power.
    2) I think that if states had that power, then it would just be anarchy. Crimes would be easier to commit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that people would get away with crimes so much easier. There would be nothing to stop them .

      Delete
    2. I agree that people would be more likely to do illigal stuff and get away with it.

      Delete
  10. The state legislature because of the power that it would give them.
    It would be completely different. There would be no synch between the two. The central government might have no power at all. We might not as well have a government if that would be the way that it was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. The state legislature would be attracted to the states' rights theory simply because it would put more power in their hands.
    2. Every state would have it's own laws to abide by; no law would be the same in every state. The national government wouldn't have as much control and the U.S. would be more like a confederacy. If this were to happen, the U.S. could very well go through another civil war because each state would think that their way of doing things is better and would want to try and enforce it on every other state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Haylee! I completely agree!

      Delete
    2. That's true each state would disagree with each others policies and there could be lots of fighting and chaos.

      Delete
  12. The state legislature would be attracted because the states want to be able to gain power. Each state would like to be able to govern its people more than they already do.
    If states did not have to follow national laws we would be like separate countries. Each state might have its own currency or even their own army. We would no longer be the United States of America, but would be separate countries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1- The state Legislature
    2- There would be no one following any laws and everything and everyone would just go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Anybody in state legislature because the more power they have as a state the more independent they can be from the national legislature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1) the state legislature.
    2) The nation would be in shambles.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!